Monday, December 24, 2012

It's finally here! Christmas is tomorrow!!

    Christmas is tomorrow!  All the busyness will be over with after tomorrow for another year.  I'll be the first to admit that I despise shopping. I always have. I have always been the person that goes into a store with a list in hand or an item in mind to get in and out as fast as I can.  I do not deviate from the plan.  In fact, many will tease me, I don't even go near the stores on Black Friday!  The only time I even remotely enjoy shopping is when I go with my husband Christmas shopping for our children.  That is because we get a whole day together and we act like kids again playing with as many of the toys in the stores as possible, just having a great time together. The conversations we have together as amazing even when they are tough subjects.  I will say that I do enjoy shopping with my girl friends but that is more about the time together than spending any money. 
    Anyway, that being said we had Christmas with our children over the weekend as Christmas day we are all pretty scattered and there just isn't time.  Being a blended family we have had to start our own traditions for the Christmas season. For example, we have not had a Christmas tree the past few years, instead we have started decorating the fireplace mantle and putting the the gifts around the fireplace. Obviously it isn't a working fireplace.  Surprisingly, this is something that the kids have really embraced and love at Christmas time around our house.  The weekend was a success as far as the kids were concerned.  I am always amazed at how they are thrilled at the smallest stocking stuffer and they play with them for hours on end! I just love watching them play in amazement.  That joy and amazement makes all of the craziness of shopping worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment