Monday, August 13, 2012

The Next Chapter..........

 Anyone who is an avid reader knows the anticipation of reaching the next chapter in a good book! The feeling you get as you end one good chapter to enter the next nail biting chapter.  That's how I'm feeling right now........ that sitting-on-the-edge-of-your-seat feeling you have waiting for the next explosion to happen in your favorite movie.
 
My last post stated that we were moving into a different house and how all that came about. We are now about as settled as we are going to get in this house.  It has become home and we are all enjoying the extra space.

We are now into August and the new school year is upon us. This past week we have had school registration for our kids and it began to hit me that both Colin and Hannah are really going into 6th grade. Then on Thursday we had 6th grade discovery day at the middle school.  The kids received their school schedules which had their locker number & combination on it. Colin was so exited and Hannah was very nervous.  They both got the team they wanted, which our best friend just so happens to teach language, so that eased the nerves a bit. Thursday was when reality really struck that our two oldest are now pre-teens and growing up. Even our youngest two are showing signs of growing up: David is going into 5th grade and Faith is going into 3rd grade. For both of them it will be their first time on their own at the elementary schools and they're beginning to make their own way now.  I'm so excited to see how each of our 4 kids grows and matures this next school year. I pray they always keep sight of God and the path he has for them.  

Jaret is continuing his courses through Moody Bible Institute and I am so proud of him! It's not easy to work full-time, be the soul bread winner for a family of 6, and go to school.  I'm excited to where God is taking Jaret in his schooling and how his ministry is growing.

Now, for me, well this is an exciting time for me. I will be beginning EIU on August 20th and working towards getting my bachelors degree in Family & Consumer Sci w/ area of concentration in Family Services. It all became a little more real today as I went to campus and picked up my books. It took much prayer and many early morning discussions with God to get me to the point of even applying to EIU back in late May. God has opened the doors and I was accepted and my financial aid was approved. So now here I am at 36 going back  to college and entering as a sophomore. I'm nervous, scared, and excited but I know that with Jaret's support and God's guiding hand I will do great!

With all that is going on in our lives as school begins this year I know that God has plans for each of us. I have prayed it all over to him and as long as I trust in His will I will succeed!

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment