Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wed AfterGlow and Designed To Shine

Tonight was the last Wed evening AfterGlow event before school starts back on Aug. 16th.  Some of the AfterGlow members went to Megan's house for a swim party, we also celebrated Sean's birthday.  It was great to just get together and act like goofballs!  Thanks to Megan and Sam for opening up their pool to us.  We had a great group tonight: Johnny, Reaghan, Alex, Blake, Carrie, Suzie, Emmy, Kyle, Sean, Josh, and Zac. Then of course you add Jaret and I, along with our 2 boys, to the mix and the pool was pretty full.  It was a great way for AfterGlow to end their summer break.

We are also coming up on our last night of Designed To Shine girl's bible study.  Just two more nights after tonight.  This is the first study that I have done and I think it has gone well.  While we started out with 19 girls, it had become a smaller more intimate group but this is a group of girls that I feel have gotten pretty close and have grown to rely on each other and that warms my heart.  I have enjoyed watching the girls grow in God and I see them getting a better/closer relationship each week. 

I am hoping to recap the summer for AfterGlow soon.  Right now I just don't have all the words.

1 Timothy 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment